The 20-21. of October the poster was presented for the first time.
We where gratefull for the oppotunity despite the thesis was not handed in at the time.
At the time all data (as described her) was collected and analysis and synthesis was well under way. All findings and reflextion in the poster should be viewed from this perspective.
The foundation for the poster was a Master of Osteopathy Thesis at Metropolia of Applied Sciences, Helsinki, Finland titeled: “How Could a System Theory Approach to Management Affect Osteopathic Practice?”
On the 20-21st of October, our poster was presented for the first time. We were grateful for the opportunity to present, even though the thesis it was based on had not yet been submitted. By then, all data (as described her) had been gathered, and our analysis and synthesis were well under way. All findings and reflections on the poster should be viewed with this context in mind.
This poster was grounded in a Master of Osteopathy Thesis from Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Helsinki, Finland, titled: “How Could a System Theory Approach to Management Affect Osteopathic Practice?”
- Cerritelli, Francesco & Esteves, Jorge E. 2022. An Enactive–Ecological Model to Guide Patient-Centered Osteopathic Care. Healthcare. 10(6), 1092. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/healthcare10061092.
- Engel, George L. 1977. The Need for a New Medical model: a Challenge for Biomedicine. Science. 196(4286), 129–136. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1126/science.847460.
- Esteves, Jorge E., Cerritelli, Francesco, Kim, Joohan & Friston, Karl J. 2022. Osteopathic Care as (En)active Inference: A Theoretical Framework for Developing an Integrative Hypothesis in Osteopathy. Frontiers in Psychology. 13(Article; 812926). DOI: https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2022.812926.
- Hammond, Debora 2010. The science of synthesis : exploring the social implications of general systems theory. Boulder, Colo.: University Press Of Colorado.
- Hewitt, William F 1964. Homeostasis or, Cybernetics in Osteopathy. Journal A.O.A. National Institutes of Health, 63, 950–5.
- Lunghi, Christian & Baroni, Francesca 2019. Cynefin Framework for Evidence-Informed Clinical Reasoning and Decision-Making. The Journal of the American Osteopathic Association. 119(5), 312. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7556/jaoa.2019.053.
- Mayer, Johannes & Standen, Clive 2018. Textbook osteopathic medicine. Amsterdam: Urban & Fischer.
- Ramage, Magnus & Shipp, Karen 2020. Systems Thinkers. S.L.: Springer London Ltd.
- Schein, Edgar H. 1996. Kurt Lewin’s change theory in the field and in the classroom: Notes toward a model of managed learning. Systems Practice. 9(1), 27–47. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/bf02173417.
- Shaw, Robert, Abbey, Hilary, Casals-Gutiérrez, Sergi & Maretic, Sanja 2022. Reconceptualizing the therapeutic alliance in osteopathic practice: Integrating insights from phenomenology, psychology and enactive inference. International Journal of Osteopathic Medicine. 46, 36–44. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijosm.2022.06.003.
- Snowden, David 2002. Complex Acts of knowing: Paradox and Descriptive Self‐awareness. Journal of Knowledge Management. 6(2), 100–111. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/13673270210424639.
- Sturmberg, Joachim P 2018. Health system redesign : how to make health care person-centered, equitable, and sustainable. Cham, Switzerland: Springer.
- Varela, Francisco J, Rosch, Eleanor & Thompson, Evan 2016. The Embodied Mind: Cognitive Science and Human Experience. Cambridge, Massachusetts: The Mit Press.
- Zegarra-Parodi, Rafael, Esteves, Jorge E., Lunghi, Christian, Baroni, Francesca, Draper-Rodi, Jerry & Cerritelli, Francesco 2021. The Legacy and Implications of the body-mind-spirit Osteopathic tenet: a Discussion Paper Evaluating Its Clinical Relevance in Contemporary Osteopathic Care. International Journal of Osteopathic Medicine. 41, 57–65. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijosm.2021.05.003.